Thursday, May 26, 2016

Products of Indang, Cavite

        Hi guys! I will make this post really short because I have something to do later. Here is the list of the products that Indangeños believe are exclusive to Indang, Cavite. Maybe in my future posts, I will be able to tell you the way Indangeños make these delicious stuff. BTW, I bought these sweets because I need pictures of some local products in our municipality, which I found out to be VERY VERY LIMITED.






 Kalamay Buna 

   (pronounced as ka-la-may boo-na)










   Originally from Brgy. Buna, Indang, Cavite, this delicious stuff is made up of young coconut, coco milk and sugar. It is gooey and sweet. You can buy 10 pieces (size of a saucer) in Bahay Kalamay, Indang, Cavite (near the old municipal building) for just ₱100.00.




Balikutsa
        (pronounced as ba-li-koo-cha)










   This candy, which is originally made in Brgy. Kayquit, Indang, Cavite, is very popular because of its caramel taste. This candy is not that sweet and can be bought in local grocery and sari-sari stores in the municipality. One pack, which consists of 10 sticks of balikutsa, cost ₱10.


 Bukayo Langka
  (pronounced as boo-ka-yo lang-ka)


  This is similar to the traditional bukayo in the market except that it is infused with some jackfruit. Although this fruit is not visible in the bukayo, you can smell and taste it in this local delicacy. I bought two packs in the Indang public market at ₱20.00.

Here are the labels of the food I bought in case you want to order.